Sunday, May 5, 2013

You're hurt?

     I wrote my husband a letter last week telling him I wanted a divorce. I was nice about it though. I told him that if my status was 'single' I would be entitled to more benefits. I told him that since I couldn't find a job, I needed all the benefits I could get. I was worried about his reaction. He is quick tempered and I wanted this to be as clean as possible. I was nervous about him calling me rude names and saying uncalled-for things. Either way, I made the letter nice as possible, telling him how the boys were and how big they've gotten.
     I received a letter from him this evening. Actually, two letters. One was dated before he got my letter. It was a nice letter, asking how the boys were. He then tells me that he doesn't want any men around the boys because he doesn't want them to know anyone else besides him as "daddy." He tried ordering me not to hang out with guys because 'it's just not right.' I read the next letter, dated after he received my divorce letter. He tells me that he is hurt by me wanting a divorce; that he is about to explode. He doesn't believe my reasonings for wanting the divorce either. "I hope you are doing this for the right thing, not just for money." I don't even know what that is supposed to mean.
     HE's hurt? How about abandoning us and leaving me to raise our kids by myself? How about stealing from my family and me? What about all those times he disappeared on us and then would fight with me? Or putting us in danger more times than I can count? Those letters made me so angry. I wouldn't be surprised if he stopped talking to me altogether, even though we have kids together. It would make it easier. I'm writing him back tonight with a lot to say. He won't be happy, but I'm so frustrated with the fact he thinks HE's hurt.
     Divorces are expensive. It's going to cost me $298 just to file. There's another $50 fee for something else. I'm also going to have to get a lawyer. Yay me. He's not even around me and I still have to pay for his stupidity.
Sorry, I'm just angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment