Sunday, April 21, 2013

Breast milk is the liquid gold

     I know people complain about breastfeeding moms flaunting their pride. But there is a reason they do. It takes hard work to breastfeed. Breast milk IS the liquid gold. I have done research on ways you can use breast milk for both you and your child(ren).
     Doctors recommend breastfeeding your children at least up to a year while exclusively breastfeeding for 6 months. It has been known to decrease chances of breast and ovarian cancers while also contracting your uterus faster than if you were formula feeding. I have used breast milk to try and reduce the appearance of stretch marks. I apply it topically over my stretch marks at least twice a day and I have already found they've gotten lighter. They supposedly help with scars too. It also helps relax you. I've found myself so relaxed after breastfeeding that I can curl myself up in covers and snooze. It can also clear up acne, help chapped lips, and decrease red eye puffiness.
     What is breast milk made of? Our breast milk is made of two kinds of proteins whey and casein. The perfect balance between the two create an easy-to-digest, infection fighting power milk. It also has secretory IgA that helps fight off bacteria, such as E. Coli, that you and your child may be exposed to. It has the perfect balance of proteins, fats, vitamins, and carbs that are essential to the baby's health and brain development.
     While researching many different ways to use breast milk, I came across a website www.codenamemama.com . It has 58 uses for breast milk. 58!!!!! Some are a little weird while others are fascinating. The author categorizes these uses by medicinal, cosmetic, consumption, and "everything else." I highly suggest breastfeeding mothers take a look at this website and if there are other uses you are aware of, please comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment