Sunday, April 21, 2013

Time to get rid of this formula

    My older son, Craig, just turned a year old on the 17th of April. That means he can stop having formula. Trying to get him off of the formula is much harder than I thought it would be. I have made my first mistake as a mom; putting him to bed with a bottle. That's how he knows he's going to bed; he takes a bath, then I make the bottle. So now I have to do two things at once: Get him off of formula and stop the bottle in the bed thing. But I'm going to do one thing at a time. So far, I have been putting 4 ounces of formula mixed with regular milk. I'm gonna keep going with smaller amounts of formula until he is on just regular milk. Hopefully that will work. And if it does, then I can go with just giving him water at bed time because he does get thirsty during the night.
    Craig has been eating solid foods for several months now. He loves spaghetti, ravioli, green beans, broccoli, beef stew, fruits,  and chocolate. He can't get enough of chocolate. He has a very strange fondness for 'Hot Fries' as well. Surprisingly enough, he's not a big fan of macaroni and cheese. As I'm giving him different foods every day, I've found he'll eat just about anything especially if I eat it. He isn't too proficient with forks and spoons but he tries to use them. When he's had enough struggling, the eating utensil meets the floor and his food meets everywhere else.
     If you are a formula feeding mom and have this same problem, here is a website that can give you ideas and tips for weaning them off of formula! Good luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment